₱59.99 – ₱139.99
Benign prostatic hyperplasia, sometimes known as BPH, is treated with finasteride in adult males. It may lessen BPH symptoms and the need for surgery when used alone or in combination with other drugs. Finasteride 5mg may reduce the signs and symptoms of BPH and offer advantages such as a reduced need to urinate, improved urine flow with less straining, a diminished sense that the bladder is not fully emptied, and a reduced need to urinate at night.
WHAT IS FINASTERIDE 5MG?
Finasteride 5mg is a medication that is used to treat male pattern baldness. It works by blocking the action of the hormone testosterone responsible for the growth of facial and body hair, and it also plays a role in the development of male sexual characteristics. Finasteride 5mg can help to slow down or reverse the effects of male pattern baldness. It is most effective when used in combination with other treatments, such as minoxidil.
How Finasteride work
Finasteride works by inhibiting the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which is responsible for converting testosterone, a male hormone, into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is a potent androgen that plays a role in the development and progression of certain conditions, including hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
In the case of hair loss (androgenetic alopecia):
- Hair follicle sensitivity: Hair loss in individuals with androgenetic alopecia is often attributed to the sensitivity of hair follicles to DHT. DHT can cause the hair follicles to shrink, leading to thinner and shorter hair strands over time.
- Inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase: By inhibiting the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, finasteride reduces the conversion of testosterone into DHT.
- Decreased DHT levels: With lower DHT levels, the hair follicles are exposed to less of this hormone, which can help prevent further miniaturization of hair follicles. This may slow down the progression of hair loss and potentially promote hair regrowth in some individuals.
In the case of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH):
- Prostate gland enlargement: BPH is characterized by an enlarged prostate gland, which can cause urinary symptoms such as frequent urination, weak urine flow, and difficulty starting or maintaining urination.
- Inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase: Finasteride inhibits the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme in the prostate gland, reducing the conversion of testosterone to DHT within the prostate tissue.
- Reduced prostate size: By reducing DHT levels, finasteride helps to shrink the prostate gland, relieving the pressure on the urethra and improving urinary symptoms associated with BPH.
Finsateride 5mg Dosage
(1) Hair loss (Androgenetic alopecia):
- For men: The usual dosage is 1 tablet (5mg) of Finasteride taken orally once a day. It is generally recommended to take it at the same time each day.
- For women: Finasteride 5mg is not typically prescribed for female pattern hair loss. Instead, lower doses or alternative treatments may be recommended. Consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice.
(2) Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH):
- The typical dosage for BPH is also 1 tablet (5mg) of Finasteride taken orally once a day. It is generally recommended to take it at the same time each day.
- It’s important to note that the dosage may vary based on individual factors, medical history, and the specific recommendation of your healthcare professional. They will determine the appropriate dosage for you based on their evaluation of your condition.
Side Effects Associated with finasteride
(1) Sexual side effects:
- Decreased libido (sex drive)
- Erectile dysfunction (difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection)
- Decreased semen volume
(2) Breast-related side effects:
- Breast tenderness or enlargement
- Gynecomastia (development of breast tissue in males)
(3) Skin-related side effects:
- Rash or itching
- Skin reactions such as hives
(4) Other potential side effects:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Weakness or fatigue
- Depression or mood changes
- Testicular pain or discomfort
- Abdominal pain
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
Results can vary among individuals. For hair loss treatment, it may take several months of consistent use before visible improvements are noticed. Hair regrowth is a gradual process, and individual response may vary. For BPH treatment, improvement in urinary symptoms can be seen within a few weeks to months of starting Finasteride 5mg.
Finasteride 5mg is typically not prescribed for women, especially for hair loss treatment. It is primarily intended for use in men due to its effects on hormone levels. Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should avoid handling Finasteride 5mg tablets, as it can potentially harm the developing fetus.
It’s important to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications you are taking, including prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal supplements. Some medications may interact with Finasteride 5mg, so your healthcare professional can evaluate potential interactions and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
Finasteride 5mg is primarily effective in treating male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia), which is a specific type of hair loss characterized by a receding hairline and thinning on the top of the scalp. It is less effective for other types of hair loss, such as hair loss caused by medical conditions, hormonal imbalances, or other factors. It’s important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the underlying cause of your hair loss and explore appropriate treatment options.